1. How can you be found online?
Search your company name alone, and with modifiers (like the name of the city in which your business is located)
- Where did you appear in the rankings? Were you excited or disappointed?
- Write down one place or term where you expected to appear but didn't.
- Are your address, hours, and contact info correct?
- Room to Grow
Pay-per-Click (PPC) ads are a great way to quickly improve your visibility in search engines. Programs like Google’s Adwords are easy to set up and fairly cheap. To learn more about PPC, check out our previous post.
For slightly more experienced Adwords users, do your campaigns use negative keywords to eliminate costly words in queries that are unrelated to your business? Also, make sure you are taking advantage of geo-targeting to prevent your ads from showing up in geographic locations that are unrelated to your business.
2. What is your business doing to stay fresh online?
- Find your most recent update or new content. How old is it?
- When was your last social post?
- Room to Grow
Blogs are a great place to create new and engaging content, and any business can have one. Informative, well written posts on a weekly basis provide you something to extend to potential visitors to draw them into your site. They also provide a great opportunity to build your links and give you something to share on social media.
3. Set goals
Your goals should be
- Measureable – increase my Twitter followers by 120 people this month
- Accessible – increase traffic by 10% this month, not 100% in a week
- Require effort – I will commit to posting to the blog 3x a month
- Write down two goals you hope your website will achieve.
- What is a specific way you can use your site to achieve one of those goals?
- View your reports, what specific activity caused the biggest action towards achieving one of your goals?
If you need help with your marketing strategy, we at eStyleMarketing would love to help! Contact us here.