Why Use Social Media?
- Establishing Your Brand – When businesses make use of social media, they are able to market their company, products, or services to millions of people– sort of like making your presence known to the world.
- Build a Community – Social media platforms allow businesses to create networks and groups in them, and thus promote relationships between business owners and clients by interacting in chats, comments, or posts.
- Cost-Effective Marketing Strategy – Running a social media marketing campaign is way cheaper than running ads on TV, and reaches a larger audience than radio or newspaper ads.
What Social Media Should My Business Be Using?
Don’t think that you can just blast every social media site that you know of. It can be very difficult to manage several social media platforms all at once unless you have an excellent internet marketing company to help you out. After all, you’ve got a business to run, and your time is better spent on focusing on the physical aspects of your business rather than the online ones.
Secondly, social media platforms require your constant tweaking and updating. To launch a successful social media campaign, you need to understand that these platforms are not “set it and forget it” marketing materials. They require a lot of time, patience, and effort.
So again, which social media platforms should you use?
Well, one way to answer this question is by thinking about your customers – you need to understand the customers whom you are selling to or servicing. This is very important because it tells you which social media platforms they are using, and thus gives you an idea about how to choose the right social media platform to use.
For example, let’s say your business is about selling digital cameras, then you would do well by tapping in to social media platforms that focus on for photo sharing among its users, like Pinterest or Instagram.
If you have a site with immediate, pressing news, like a blog about Forex or the stock market, then your readers will definitely want up to the minute reports and updates. The best social platform for this would be Twitter, as it allows you to tweet short yet important messages in an instant to your followers.
Want some suggestions on what social media to choose? Check out the suggestions below to help you decide what social media outlets you want to use.
- Facebook – best used for building interactive relationships with your customers. Create a fan page where you can post pictures and let the customer interact with you and each other. Most businesses of all lines use this platform, so there is no reason why you shouldn’t.
- Twitter – best used for quickly spreading the latest news about you, your company, your product or services. This is great for bloggers who wants to let their followers know about their latest posts, or companies wanting to give customers the latest news.
- Instagram – best used for posting pictures of your products. A lot companies who sell clothing use this platform. They take pictures of their products and post them immediately, so their followers get instant updates on what products are available.
- YouTube – this is a great way to advertise your products, simply by making a slideshow of pictures or a short video. This is popular among people who wants to look at video reviews and “how to’s.” Great for businesses who want to establish their reputation online and build credibility by demonstrating their expertise in a video.